Under this system, Nad office is headed by a Deputy Tahsildar ( 7upgraded from the post of RI and belongs to Shirestedar cadre) and he is provided with a skeleton staff constiting of 1 Second Division Clerk, 1 Typist and 1 Peon. The following powers of Tahsildar are delegated to the Deputy Tahsildars under ” Nad System “:-
- Sanction of Old Age Pension.
- Sanctioning of pension to the Physically handicapped persons.
- Sanctioning of Widow pension.
- Sanctioning of Sandhya Suraksha.
- Recovery of Government dues and remittance thereof and maintenance of D.C.B.
- Levy of T.T. fines.
- Disposal of Mutation cases.
- Collection and remittance of Government dues, and maintenance of D.C.B. Accounts
- Levy of water rate and betterment contribution under Karnataka Irrigation Act, 1965.
- Issue of certified copies
- Recovery of Government dues and remitting the same to the Government.
- Bona fide Agricultrual certified copies
- Management of Muzrai institutions.
- Preparing Darkast records.
- Supervising VAs and RIs
- R.R.T. Cases.
- Protection of Government lands
The above is illustrative and not exhaustive